Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I'm having an architectural moment here









I don't know what it is exactly about this old abandoned shop in Near Southside Fort Worth, but I'm utterly obsessed with it. Sometimes I just drive by and stare. Often I will purposely take a longer route to my destination, just to see it. What is it about this place?
I think it must be the red, white & blue. I find it almost poetic in a way... symbolic. A specialized trade, an ornate and unique skill... our red white & blue abandoned for modern mediocrity... a shop empty but not gone... a "be back" sign and a "no trespassing" sign in coexistence. Which is it? Be back soon or gone for good & don't walk this property.
I, for one, pray for the revival of the once great red, white & blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment