Monday, June 4, 2012

My train is leaving the station

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend! It's back to work for me... after about a week of family time and not much work, it's time to get back in the groove!

I heard this quote the other day and I wrote it down. (Side note: I always keep a pad of paper sitting next to me... I'm one of those people that has tons of post-its and tiny pieces of paper sitting around that say all kinds of random things from reminders to blog ideas to gift ideas for friends & family to shopping lists to quotes)

"Get on the train or get out of the way!"
Right now, I can't even remember what tv show I was watching when I heard this, but it actually made me pause the tv to write it down. When you think about it, it's a really powerful quote, especially when applied to a young business woman. I have dreams and aspirations of how I want my life to be... and eventually you realize those are never just going to happen, you have to make it happen. You have to decide what you want, have it very clear in your head... better yet, put what you want in front of you... make a goal poster, make a collage of pictures of your dream home and dream job and places you want to go... do whatever you have to do to remind yourself every day what you want out of life. This is the slow chugging along part of the train... just go with me here :-)

Once you spend that time and you have your dreams in front of you, it's time to pick up speed! Get your train goin' and don't stop! If you happen to find some inspirational people along the way you want to add to your train, sure, as Lloyd said to Harry, "Pick 'em up!" lol. But don't you dare stop your train for anyone else! When you are your own powerhouse, people will either get on or get out of your way. And your momentum builds.

I'm loving this quote and it's something that I'm truly trying to apply to myself personally and in my business. I have somewhere I want to go and my train is about to take off on a great journey! :-)

What are your dreams? Where do you want to be in 10, 20, 30 years? What do you do every day to get a little closer to those dreams? Keep chuggin'!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment