Thursday, July 24, 2014

All white date night

Yesterday was HOT.  Chris and I decided to continue our summer tradition of free movie date nights in Sundance Square!  Last night's movie was The Muppets, and seriously, I couldn't have been more excited!  I grew up on the Muppet Show and it brings back amazing memories for me.  I had not seen the Jason Segel movie before, despite telling myself I'd see it in theaters when it came out (you know, like 2 years ago...)  It was SO good!!  

The best part was getting to spend the time with my hubby.  There's something about strolling through our town at night... it's always beautiful and we're always headed somewhere for some fabulous free event.  Fort Worth truly is an amazing city for a young couple!!

So like I said, yesterday was HOT.  Before we headed out for our walk and movie, I decided white from head to toe was the way to go!  This outfit is super simple... nothing fancy or expensive... just cool, casual cotton.  
I'll say it again... I can't get enough of layering plain solid shirts over tanks and Ts this summer!  I wear this white button-up all the time!!  Last night was a perfect night to take it off and wrap it around my waist until the temperature cooled down... which I did, after sweating to take these pics!  The long sleeve shirt and shorts are both affordable finds from Target.  
I also felt compelled to wear some proper shoes for walking (this doesn't happen often... I'm usually the girl struggling in heels because it's worth it haha)  I love love LOVE these New Balance sneakers with accents of brown and pink!  These shoes were actually a gift to me from my brother a few years ago and they were buried in my closet for awhile.  My bro may not admit it or talk about fashion much, but he does have an amazing sense of style.
Plain and simple... This Michael Kors T-shirt was a fashion find at Stein Mart.  It's always nice to have a little bling, so I love the sparkly MK.  Did you know that Stein Mart has a entire Designer Finds section of their store?  If you didn't, you really need to check it out!!  I love me some Michael Kors and I love it even more at a discount!  They even carry some designer items from Kate Spade, Roberto Cavalli, YSL and Versace... just to name a few. 
Another detail you'll probably notice... my glasses.  Yeah, I don't wear them very often because I don't need them unless I'm trying to see a far distance, BUT I've gotten a ton of compliments recently on them!  I've had them for a few years now but they are DKNY.  Crossbody bag is vintage Fossil.

Once the sun went down and the weather cooled a little bit, it was a perfect night!  I really enjoyed this all white outfit!!  Sometimes casual, light and bright is the best way to go!  You can still look cute even when you're sweating in Texas ;-)

How would you wear all white?  What are you favorite white pieces in your wardrobe?

2 comments:

  1. simply best, loving the whole outfit and your hair looks amazing. keep it up, do come check out my blog, I would love to get your feedback. :)

    http://suzishrestha.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments! I will be sure to check out your blog!

      Delete