Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Let's talk tunics

 Texas summers call for versatile pieces.  I'm absolutely loving tunics for just that reason.  You may have seen me wear this outfit at Main Street Arts Festival this year! (see here on Instagram)
I've had this tunic for awhile now.  It was a fabulous purchase at Stein Mart a few seasons ago, and every time I've worn it, I get a compliment and get asked where I found it.  I love Stein Mart because you can find boutique/unique clothing at extremely affordable prices.  They even have a specific "boutique" section on their website and in their stores where you can find interesting clothes at huge discounts compared to department stores.  I love checking in store, since you always find something different.

 This tunic is very sheer so it requires something underneath.  I'm wearing a simple tank but you could also wear a lace bralette, or even just wear it over a bathing suit.  I guess you'd call this pattern kind of strange, but I'm obsessed!!  It reminds me of a circus... I don't know why..??  But I love it!!  I'm a sucker for paisley and polka dots AND stripes, and this top combines all of those and keeps your eye moving.
On top of the amazing patterns and colors, it has the coolest fringe/crochet detailing on the bottom and sleeves.  Not going to lie, I find myself snagging the sleeves and all kinds of stuff, but it's too adorable to make me care!
I paired this tunic with a very simple khaki short from Target.  I love Mossimo shorts as a basic in my closet.  And these boots were an amazing clearance find at Dillards at the end of winter.  They are suede with a wedge heel and I love love LOVE them!!!  I definitely believe in transitioning a great boot from winter to summer, especially when you live in Fort Worth (boots are always acceptable!!)
This Michael Kors wristlet was a gift a few years ago and I love the simple stud detailing.  Wristlets and small bags are a must this time of year for all the festivals and outdoor events I attend in Fort Worth.
Since I can't link this exact tunic, I've rounded up a bunch of current favorites below.
Aviators are from Uptown Fort Worth // Here's the exact same boots in "London Rain Grey" which I'm loving // Shorts are Mossimo from Target old, similar, similar // Michael Kors wristlet old but loving this studded mini crossbody, this leather crossbody,  and this color-block leather messenger.  (If you love Marc Jacobs and you're willing to spend more, check out this Suede Mini and this Junior Cadet and this Suede Double Trouble Clutch!)



Let's talk Tunics


Shop these tunics:

No comments:

Post a Comment