Wednesday, July 29, 2015

mockingbird styles swim meet

What's better than a pool party in the middle of the Texas summer?  The answer is a pool party with great food and drinks, that showcases some fabulous style trends!  Enter Mockingbird Station in Dallas.  These guys were kind enough to host a Swim Meet for a few Dallas bloggers and InstaDFW photographers, and I was lucky enough to be one of the fashion influencers/ bloggers invited!

Some bloggers sported amazing swimwear from the Mockingbird Station stores while others showed some summertime casual styles.  My entire outfit was c/o Francesca's boutique and I fell in love with every bit of it!  I went in store the day of to shop for my outfit and the staff was so friendly and helped me pull together a great look in about 30 minutes!  I did a quick shopping trip right before the party, but that's only because I'm based in Fort Worth and they were nice enough to work with my schedule so I only had to make the drive once.  Not going to lie though, I could have spent a lot longer shopping... like an entire day would have been nice to check out all the shops and maybe have lunch.  Mockingbird Station is a fabulous destination if you're looking for a place to spend the afternoon with girlfriends.  Even though I'm from Fort Worth, I'm familiar with the shopping center as it contains the area's only West Elm store.  (Here comes that inner Interior Designer again...) I had to shop West Elm when I began decorating my loft.  I love their looks, and while my place isn't completely modern, I love mixing the clean lines from this store with funky accents, color and antiques!  I'm very eclectic ;-)  I have a mirror coffee table, which they no longer have because it's been 8 years, but mirror furniture is still very much available.  I love this Mirror Console Table, this Mirror Bar Cart, (and this one), and this Wood + Mirror Media Console

Ok back to the fashion!  I haven't shopped Mockingbird Station in awhile, but it has a great variety of shops you'll love!  I concentrated on Francesca's for the party, since they offer trendy, affordable pieces for the season.  
If you're attending a pool party, or any outdoor party in the Texas heat for that matter, you want lightweight clothing that breathes and helps you feel comfortable.  This dress did just that.  When I first saw it, I thought it looked a little heavy... more like something for fall, but then I felt the material.  It's a very loose weave and breathes easily, and is much lighter than it may appear at first.  Plus, the A-line shape lets the bodice flow in the wind and keeps you cool.  It was perfect!
To dress it up a little, I added two long necklaces layered on top of each other.  I loved that one of them had a cute tassel and colored beads.  They both added a little sparkle and shine, always necessary in my style ;-)
The earrings were like a hammered metal and I loved that they were, again, lightweight but big enough to add some pattern.  
I am usually a BIG bag girl... I'm one of those people that carries around literally anything I may ever need while I'm away from home (which also leads to me be one of those people that has to search for 5 minutes for whatever I'm looking for because it has made it's way to the bottom of my giant purse) but who wants to lug around a huge heavy bag at a pool party?  This cute clutch was perfect!  It has a short gold chain, but also this long gold chain so you can wear it as a crossbody.  Versatility for the win!
I loved the pop of turquoise color and the quilted look.
Giant pool floats, selfies, music, food and drinks!  Pool party success!
Of course I had to take off my wedges and dip my feet into the water
Dress, bag, necklaces & earrings c/o Francesca's
I can't find the exact items on their website so here's a few options


A big thank you to Mockingbird Station for having us!  You can check out their events page HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment