Thursday, November 12, 2015

faux fur vest + boot skirt

Today I'm sharing one of my favorite outfits lately!  (All items linked below, keep reading!)


I really went all the way with the 70s trend in this look!  I have been loving this boot skirt so much!  It is so comfortable and I love that you can dress it up or down.  I opted for the brown instead of black because I've been trying to expand the brown in my wardrobe for awhile now (I live for black!)  I'm really happy that I did because I feel like it's much more versatile.  FYI this skirt comes in regular sizing as well as petite.  I am wearing a petite size 2.  It's a tiny bit snug around the waist for me, but it does have elastic so it's totally fine.  And if you've never shopped Land's End before, you really should.  The quality is fantastic and everything is affordable.  They are also having a huge 40% off event right now through November 16 so head to their website now! Just use code: 'FROZEN' and pin: 1744 (Unfortunately this skirt is not included BUT it's less than $60 regular price which is still a steal!)
In this look, I'm wearing my mom's vintage boots again (straight out of the 70s y'all!!)... you may have seen me wearing them on my last fall look for our CSF Friendsgiving.  Once again I am so thankful to my mom for keeping some of her most favorite things and passing them on to me!  These boots are killer and I'm obsessed with the detailing on the sides.
My faux fur vest and lace detail top are both from the LC Lauren Conrad Runway collection.  My closet is very quickly filling with a ton of LC pieces!  I love how flirty and feminine they are!  And not to mention, super affordable!  You can't tell the length of this top since I have it tucked into the skirt, but it's definitely long enough to wear with skinny jeans or leggings if you want a more casual, laid back look.  It is super lightweight and comfortable!  This faux fur vest is amazing!!  It's probably the softest thing I've ever owned!  I knew I had to have it when I saw it, so I added it to my birthday list and my mom came through!  I originally found it in store when the collection just launched, but when my mom shopped for it, we discovered that not all stores had it.  She had to order it online so if you're loving it, I highly recommend doing the same instead of trying to find it in person.  I am wearing an XS and it's still a little big on me.  I think it's made that way so it's easy to layer over bulkier fall/winter items.  I also didn't even realize at first that it had pockets... I was thinking to myself pockets would be the only thing that would make this vest better and wam bam, thank you ma'am, there they are!
 Both of these LC Lauren Conrad pieces are currently on sale and you can get an extra 15% off online with code 'THANKFUL15' (now through Thursday November 19).  






1 comment: