Thursday, July 14, 2016

my hydrafacial experience

You would think someone like me (someone with a lot of skin problems throughout her life) would have spent a lot of time and money on skin treatments, but that’s just not the case.  Of course I’ve talked to doctors in the past about my breakouts but inevitably I’m told that my acne is mostly hormonal and unless I want to take a pill every day of my life (which I don’t), there’s not a lot I can do.  Being on birth control for awhile helped my skin although it didn’t erase my acne completely.  Trying different skincare targeted to acne has helped, but again never cleared it up.

One thing I haven’t tried is skincare treatments.  I, like a lot of people, have never had a ton of extra income to spend on pricey facials and treatments.  The older I get though, the more I realize that perhaps that has to do more with the way I prioritize my money rather than a problem of simply “not having enough”.  (That’s another subject for another day… something I’ll get into later when I tackle the subject of finances… which my husband and I have been working on for awhile now.  If you’re curious now, you can go read SmartCouples Finish Rich… great read.)


Anyhoo, all of this blabber is leading up to me talking about my first (yes first, at the age of 32) skincare treatment at a medical spa.  On Monday I was lucky enough to experience a Hydrafacial at the Plastic Surgery Texas Medical Spa in Fort Worth.  A Hydrafacial combines the benefits of microdermabrasion, serums and extraction.  “The multi-step treatment cleanses, evenly exfoliates and extracts to remove impurities and dead skin cells while at the same time replenishing vital nutrients including Antioxidants, Peptides and Hyaluronic Acid.”  One of the best parts is that it’s effective for a variety of skin types and can help address a variety of skin issues, i.e. fine lines and wrinkles, elasticity, skin tone evenness and texture, hyperpigmentation / photo damage, oily congested skin (hey-o right here!), enlarged pores and advanced signs of aging.

There is no discomfort, and no downtime.  It’s non-invasive and can be done in about 30 minutes.  This was huge for me because it wasn’t something that left me feeling uncomfortable, it didn’t irritate my sensitive skin (even with current breakouts) and it’s something that was safe for me, even while pregnant (can I get an amen because pregnancy breakouts are not cool!)

I think the best thing was that it was a little “me” time.  I don’t often pamper myself… I’m more into at-home treatments like my Microdermabrasion Set and a few facemasks (this one and this one are my favorites)… so it was really nice to lay back and relax while someone else did the work.  It was super gentle and soothing and it’s performed by a licensed aesthetician so I felt comfortable putting myself in someone else’s hands (control-freak letting go moment!) It mostly involved some products being gently rubbed on my face, and then a light suctioning of my face to remove impurities in my pores.  They added in a sulfur mask for me, to help dry out my breakouts and sent me home with a small supply of the mask so I can continue to use it once a week.  I did mention ahead of time that I was pregnant (be sure to do that if you decide to go get a facial) because they left out a step for me… but truthfully I can’t remember exactly what it was that they left out… I think it was a serum. 

Overall, it was a very relaxing, spa experience, which is exactly what I’ve needed lately (if you’ve read previous posts, you know I have a lot going on that’s been stressing me out).  There was soothing music and dim lighting and the spa was a beautiful atmosphere.  I’ve already talked to Chris about getting treatments in the future and he agreed.  He said my skin looked very clean and healthy afterwards J
If you’re curious about the Hydrafacial or ready to book your appointment, I highly recommend contacting the Plastic Surgery Texas Medical Spa (locations in Fort Worth and Weatherford).  If you’re not local, you can read more about it HERE and find a location near you that offers the treatment.  A huge thank you to the Fort Worth location for pampering me and sending me home with a goody bag of products that I’ve been using all this week.  And if you are local, they are hosting a Beauty Event today from 4pm-6pm!  There will be giveaways, facials and a contouring workshop as well as hors d’ouevres and drinks!

HydraFacial c/o Plastic Surgery Texas.  All opinions are my own.

8 comments:

  1. Euromed offers Best Hydrafacial Treatment, Cosmetic Surgery Treatment in Dubai. Call Euromed for hydrafacial Offers, Hydrafacial In Dubai, UAE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hydra Facial is a short treatment that can bring the lost glow and vibrancy of the facial skin Click here to know its results, procedure, side effects cost of Hydrafacial Treatment in Dubai Abu Dhabi Go here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Blog Post.Hydra Facial is a short treatment that can bring the lost glow and vibrancy of the facial skin. Click here to know its results, procedure, side effects & cost ofHydrafacial Treatment Dubai & Abu Dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HydraFacial Treatment in Dubai Abu Dhabi & Sharjah is a safe and effective treatment for Men & Women you should take it if you want to improve your skin quality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for providing the information. I am learning so much now.
    Hydrafacial Treatment in Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sending me the information. It was exactly what we needed.
    Hydrafacial in Dubai

    ReplyDelete