Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Fitness Find: Rollerskating

Get out your neon and fanny packs!  The weather is getting warm and I'm looking for all kinds of ways to enjoy the outdoors and mix up my workouts!  Sooo I'm back in the 80s with one of my favorite childhood past-times... rollerskating! 

I used to spend hours on my skates... up and down the driveway, into the street, up and down my neighbor's driveways.  I loved it.  And I still do.  So last year I decided that it had been way too long since I owned a pair.  It's time to bust them out!

Chris had a day off... it was sunny and warm... I wanted to get out of the house and be ACTIVE... enter rollerskating in the park!  This can seriously be an amazing workout!  It helps with your balance and coordination, and you really feel muscle toning in your legs and butt!  And of course, it's fabulous cardio!  Mr. Wilbur got a pretty good workout too!  I was surprised how much he enjoyed it.  I definitely plan to spend more sassy spring days rollin' down the sidewalk ;-)

{outfit details below}
Shirt, shorts and socks are all from Target *shocker!*


No comments:

Post a Comment