Thursday, May 8, 2014

May flowers for fashion & home

Today, I'm all about the florals!  I have to admit, it's taken me a little while to jump at the floral trend this spring... reason?  Well, get ready for a flashback...

When I was in elementary school, I went through a black phase... as in black clothing, head to toe.  No, I was never goth or anything like that lol (can you picture that?? me either) BUT I went through a time period when I couldn't stand floral prints and I felt like everyone was trying to force them.  I significantly remember receiving a gift from family friends that was a long sleeve cotton shirt with a small floral print ALL OVER IT.  I hated it!

Even though that was just a phase, I think of it A LOT.  I remember not being happy with lots of outfits... things that I thought were too girly and just not "me".  I was kind of a tomboy... always playing outside, playing competitive soccer and keeping up with the guys.

BUT as we all know, time passes and our tastes change... things come back in style and it's a whole new ballgame when you're in your 30s.  Now I embrace the girly, the pretty, the floral, the all-over prints!  If I love flowers so much, why can't I love floral prints??

Chris and I went to the botanical gardens the other day, for the first time this year.  We strolled around for hours, admiring the spring blossoms and sunshine.  At first, we were just walking and talking.  And then of course, I had to bust out my camera... because there were just too many beautiful colors to pass up!



The flowers were gorgeous and so bold... so I started thinking about ways to incorporate floral into fashion AND home decor!  Check out these really fun spring florals!  What's your favorite item?  Shop these looks below!

No comments:

Post a Comment