Friday, September 22, 2017

Friday in the Fort: weekend happenings

It's Friday in the Fort! Did anyone else's week fly by?  Even though the heat is still being a stubborn bia in Texas, there's lots of reasons to get outside this weekend! Today I'm sharing a few of the fun Fort Worth activities happening this weekend! A lot of them (most!) are free and family friendly! 

Fort Worth Makers Mart - FREE! Crafters, artists and other "makers" are having a pop up market at Fixture! Drink specials and great brunch available! 

Susie's Cakes opening - FREE! Mug giveaway to first 50, family activities, raffles, and you can meet Susie!

Oktoberfest - Tons of fun! Chris and I attended 2 years ago and had a blast (worth the admission in my opinion). Family friendly, more than just beer. There's a midway this year as well as lots of events happening through out each day.

Yoga, Farmer's Market and other workouts at Clearfork Trailhead - FREE! Family friendly!
(Pic from @thetrailheadfw on IG)

Zumba in Sundance Square - FREE! If you've never experienced downtown Fort Worth on Saturday morning, you're missing out! It is quiet, peaceful and a great way to start the weekend! These free workouts in Sundance Square were one of my favorite things about living downtown! Zumba and yoga are alternated weekly.

(Pic from Amon Carter Museum FB page)

Party on the Porch - FREE! Hosted by the Amon Carter museum. Family friendly. No outside food or pets. Green River Ordinance is playing a free concert! 

We were originally planning to do Oktoberfest this year but I'm not sure if it'll happen. I do have my eye on the Party on the Porch though... I've missed this event in the past and regretted it!

What are your weekend plans? If you're in Fort Worth and you know of another fun, event, let me know in the comments below!  Also, I guess I should say Happy Fall y'all! Even though it's still in the 90s here... Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment