Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Recipe Rewind

It's cold.  It's gloomy.  It's time for Chili!  My adventures in cooking continue to branch out and I've tackled homemade chili a few times now.  Yesterday's was the best so far, according to Chris.  So here's my recipe rewind!

Crock Pot Chili
(made using 2 qt. crock pot/ serves 2-3)     

1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper chopped (or any pepper you like, I used both green & yellow for color)
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1 14-ounce can beans (I used a can of Target's Market Pantry chili beans for more chili flavor.  I did drain a little bit of the sauce out, but not completely.  You can use any beans you like- red, black or white, drained)
1 cup diced tomatoes, fresh or canned
1 jalapeno, chopped (I don't use any seeds; you can if you like it really spicy)
1 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons chili powder (rough estimate, I'm going to be honest I don't measure this; I season to taste)
1/2 cup beef broth
1 pound ground beef, cooked & drained

-Cook ground beef in skillet until brown.  I season to taste with salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning. Drain any fat and add beef to crock pot.
-Add all ingredients to crock pot.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours or on High for 4 hours.

ENJOY! Pretty simple, huh?  Is it just me or is the crock pot the best dinner tool ever?

{Do you have a recipe to share? Let me know! I'd love to feature you}

No comments:

Post a Comment