Thursday, February 20, 2014

Swing Into Spring with Neiman Marcus

Last night I attended the Swing Into Spring event at Neiman Marcus in Fort Worth.  I've attended fall events in the past, but never the spring show... I was expecting the same set-up but was surprised with a different format.  Unfortunately, we didn't get to experience a runway show, but TCU alumni and Neimans still made the event a great success!

The store was closed off from the public and we were able to browse without crowds.   We enjoyed wine and beer, and a few munchies.  There were complimentary makeovers and you could even have a sketch artist draw a portrait... which I, of course, took advantage of!
A few live models posed throughout the store, as well as walking, to show off some spring fashions.  The biggest trend I noticed was PINK! ("Whoever said orange was the new pink was seriously disturbed!")
My favorite piece had to be this Alice + Olivia dress, which is so simple and SO chic!
I also saw some great color in the men's department with fun, lightweight teal and blue blazers!  Obviously bright, saturated colors are in this spring season!  Overall, it was a fun, relaxed event... but I missed the runway!  I was really hoping to see more outfits put together.  However, I did enjoy interacting with the models last night... they were all so sweet and loved to talk about what they were wearing, so in a way, it was even more informative and personal.

I LOVE hot pink... what about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment