Friday, June 20, 2014

summer trends from Last Call Neiman Marcus & Grapevine Mills

Last week I had the pleasure of attending a fabulous blogger event hosted by Grapevine Mills Mall and Last Call Neiman Marcus!  After cocktails and fabulous hors d'oeuvres from Cozymel's, we were treated to a mini fashion show highlighting the 2014 summer trends.  

Soooo, what's super HOT?  Keep scrolling...
{Boyfriend Jeans/Distressed denim}
There's nothing easier than throwing on a comfy pair of jeans and a white T or tank... throw on some super cute, feminine heels and a statement jacket and you're good to go!
Is anyone else OBSESSED with this jacket??!
{Maxi dresses & flowing skirts + PINK}
Long flowing dresses, bright pink and floral patterns are huge this summer!  I love this easy breezy style because there's nothing more simple than one piece head to toe!  Keep your accessories and shoes simple and metallic and you can easily go from day to night.
{Black & White}
Always easy, and the possibilities are endless.  Black and white allows you to mix and match patterns for maximum impact.  
{Wedge shoes}
Big, small, colorful, black & white, patterned... it doesn't matter.  Wedges are huge for summer and can I just say thank you because they're SO comfy!
{Sportswear}
We're seeing fashionable sportswear everywhere!  Check out this ultra chic dress and killer sneakers!
{More black & white}
{Patterns & Chunky Heels}
Tomorrow marks the first official day of summer!! I have to say, this summer's trends are some of my favorite all-time looks.  I have always and will always be obsessed with Black and White.  I think it's so classy and I love the contrast.  As you can see, there are many ways to play with this trend.  Mixing patterns and textures is the way to go.

And as bold as black and white is, don't forget to go bold with your color and patterns too!  Hot pink is a must and when it comes to patterns, the bigger and crazier the better!  Don't be scared to mix your patterns... this trend doesn't always last long but it's SO fun so take advantage of it!  Enjoy being girly this summer and cover yourself in florals and fun, flirty patterns.  Be colorful and be BOLD.

HUGE thank you to Last Call Neiman Marcus and Grapevine Mills Mall for hosting us at this fabulous event, and for even giving us a gift card to spend!!  I was honored to be your guest and had a blast! 
 So what did I buy?? Well, I surprisingly limited myself to only two purchases... but they're both FABULOUS!  Of course I took full advantage of the black and white trend!  Stay tuned to see how I style these beauties!
Happy Summer y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment