Friday, August 1, 2014

Pants Party

Brick Tamland: "I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party."

Today is all about the printed pants and I couldn't help but think of this classic Anchorman quote!  While Brick's pants party might not exactly be the kind of party you'd like to attend (ha ha), I'm hoping my Pants Party is!   

Prints have definitely been on trend lately and I'm loving it!  Yes, we all need solid color basics, but clothing is meant to be FUN!  To me, there is nothing more fun than crazy patterns and bright colors!

Chris and I attended MayFest earlier this year and as we were browsing the vendors, we came across some printed pants.  I wasn't planning on shopping, but I fell in love!  And before I even pulled my favorite print off of the rack, Chris said, "I've never seen a pair of pants that was more YOU!"  He was right.  I had to have them.  So he bought them for me!  What a hubby ;-)  
The crazy pattern, the neon colors, the easy breezy flow... sooo me!  I love how comfortable wide-leg pants are and we are definitely seeing a shift from skinny jeans and leggings to more free flowing and large!  I also love that these pants are such a statement piece... it really makes outfit planning easy because you can just grab a simple tank and some wedges and you're good to go!

Last weekend I attended one of my best friend's bridal shower.  My schedule didn't allow for a long trip so I ended up driving to Houston in the morning, attending the shower, and driving home again, all in a matter of 12 hours.  It was a really long day but of course I still wanted to look cute!  Thank goodness for the "summer casual" dress code because these pants were perfect!  Super comfortable... no wrinkling in the car... lightweight and loose for the Houston heat... I don't think I could have picked an easier outfit to wear!
Me and the beautiful Bride-to-Be!
Triplets!! {ok actually they're twins and I'm just an honorary "sister"... friends since we were 3 years old!}
These pants were only $20 and trust me, I'm regretting not purchasing every pattern she had!  And how I managed to walk away without getting a shop name or contact info is beyond me... I must have been in a pants trance!  But fear not... although I cannot source these exact pants, I'd challenge you to walk into a store and not find some printed pants right now!  So welcome to my pants party!!  I've rounded up a few of my favorite "guests" and you can shop them below!  Just click the thumbnail links! 

printed pants party




Which pattern is your favorite?  I seriously want them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment