Saturday, September 20, 2014

using summer clearance to your advantage

Hey there!  Hope your weekend is fabulous so far!  What's everyone up to?!

Today I wanted to share a favorite date night outfit of mine, since it is Saturday and many of you may be headed out with your significant others!  Or even if you're headed out with your girls, this outfit is so cute and affordable!

I know we're transitioning into fall fashion, but here in Texas, it's still super humid and hot!  We are cooling down a little bit, but less coverage is still a necessity.  And what's great about that is Texas girls (and all warmer weather areas) can take advantage of sales and clearances at the end of summer!  You don't have to wait until next year when you may or may not love what you just bought!  Snag a deal and wear it now... the weather has not and will not be changing for awhile y'all :-)  

I have to say, shopping at the end of summer/ back to school time is one of the greatest tips I can give any fashionista!  Stores everywhere, online and in person, are still clearing out inventory in huge clearance form.  I did a little shopping about a month ago and that's when I snagged two fantastic deals!

This striped black & white shirt from H&M was $11!  As always, I was drawn to the black and white items on the clearance rack and this top caught my eye as extremely versatile.  It's lightweight so it can be easily layered and the three-quarter length sleeves help it to transition into fall.  I love how it looks with this girly skirt, but I have also paired it with denim shorts and boyfriend jeans and love that look as well!  I'm not finding this exact shirt on their website, but I've linked multiple very similar looks below!
This floral mini skirt was an amazing find from Windsor!  I popped into their store in the Grapevine Mills Mall for a quick look at their sale racks and was so happy when I found this!!  I love the floral print and honestly, I don't think I actually own a single other mini skirt so I thought I'd add this one to my closet! Best thing about it was the price!! Less than $7! 
I've been using this clutch a lot lately!  It's from a few years ago when I took one of my trips to NYC to visit my girlfriend Kelly.  We shopped some of the sidewalk sales and wandered through Chinatown at one point... and somewhere along the way I picked up this clutch.  It was actually buried in my closet until I recently rediscovered it.  I love the texture (it's not just printed on there, it's actual texture) and I love the size.  Sometimes I'm really not great with clutches because I'm a big bag girl and can't fit all of my things in some of those tiny bags out there!  But this one easily fits a wallet, my phone, business cards and my makeup essentials! 

I'm sort of having an obsession with pairing brown and black accessories together lately!  My shoes also have a similar texture as the bag.  I love being able to continue the peep toe for awhile here in Texas.  Have you noticed lately that Ox Blood Red is like THE nail color of the season??  I'm seeing it everywhere on the fashion bloggers I follow.  My pedi is a couple weeks old now but who knew I'd be right on trend with my pick?  When I saw the name of this polish color, I knew I absolutely had to use it!  It's perfect for any southern girl!  Keep scrolling... all links are at the bottom! 
I love the sparkle of these earrings!  With shades of light blue and gold, I thought they were a beautiful addition to this girly outfit.  They were a gift to me last Christmas and they're from TJ Maxx
B&W Striped Top similar HERE HERE HERE HERE & HERE // 

Hope y'all have a beautiful and blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment