Monday, January 11, 2016

happy 2016

I'm not a person for new year's resolutions.  I just feel like they are often unattainable and too generalized to even be worth it.  But I do believe in spending some time to analyze the previous year and make some plans and set some goals for the new one.  So I have been spending a lot of time reflecting lately and really thinking about the direction I'm headed.  

One of my personal goals is to just be more organized.  I desperately need to declutter my life and that's one of the first things I plan on tackling.  This isn't easy for me; It's ingrained in me to save things and try to find ways to repurpose, to always save money.  I plan on doing whatever I can to stay that way, BUT I've come to the conclusion that I need a serious purge in my life.  

I wanted to start with my desk space because I want to feel organized in things like bills, blogging and my art.  {You may have seen on snapchat that I'm back to sketching!  More on this later}  The rest of my home is absolutely chaotic right now.  This is going to be a slow process...

I had a second desk with much more storage that I've decided to get rid of.  I love this vintage desk.  There are lots of different spaces for keeping all of my little things organized, but there's only one additional drawer.  This is perfect for me now because I don't need extra space to cram things I don't ever use.  In this desk, everything is easily accessible, but also on display so it helps me keep things looking beautiful.  

I love the look of so many bloggers' desks... clean, crisp, white parsons tables with beautiful accessories.  And I did consider a desk like that, but I have to say, I love have a secretary desk!  I think there's something romantic and old-world about it.  I love folding up the desk top and locking it with the key... like my thoughts and ideas and creativity are locked up and safe until the next time ;-)
Currently crushing on this gorgeous winter bouquet that my husband gave to me!  Roses are my favorite flower and these blush pink roses are so beautiful!!  I don't think he even realizes he gave me a little hint of the Pantone color of the year, Rose Quartz and I've loved enjoying it!  It's going strong after a whole week and brought a lot of beauty to my first week of the new year
I'm obsessed with office supplies and accessories.  I love black and white and I love multiple patterns.  I also love mini things! *The thing that looks like a ring pop is actually an adorable heart stamp that lights up when you use it!!! Ahh! It's the little things for me!*
This "A" is the perfect spot to throw a pen, paperclips or my current favorite lipstick!
Part of being organized is looking at my planner every day.  I've been making an effort to write my to-do lists inside my planner instead of little post-its everywhere.  This way I can always see a bigger picture as I'm keeping track of my tasks.  It helps me manage my time better when I have everything on one calendar.  This year I'm using a Sugar Paper Planner from Target (my exact planner is sold out but their are very similar styles still available HERE)
So along with aiming to be more organized in 2016, I also have thought about one "resolution", if you want to call it that.  I've always had a struggle with busting my ass to please everyone around me.  I'm one of those people that feels awful and beats myself up if I feel like I can't do everything for everyone, or be there whenever I'm ask to be... I often feel like a failure or not good enough.  So in 2016, I'm working on loving myself more.  

I believe the more we learn to forgive ourselves, the kinder we are to others.  And that's really what I care about right now.  I want to give myself a break and realize I can't be everything to everyone.  I want to feel free to live as I desire and do my own thing, even if everyone around me doesn't understand everything.  I believe in God's timing and I want to relax and rest in that more often. 

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
2 Corinthians 12:9

Be still, and know that I am God
Psalm 46:10

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8-9
2016 has been beautiful so far!  I'm feeling strong in my sense of self-worth.  I'm feeling great in my marriage and I'm more in love with my husband than ever!  I'm feeling confident in my business ventures and I'm learning to love myself unconditionally.  I think this year will truly be great!  Happy 2016 y'all!  Any resolutions or thoughts you'd like to share?  Comment below, I love hearing from you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment