Wednesday, December 3, 2014

wedding wednesday: getting ready

Hey y'all!! Hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving!  Did you shop this past weekend??

I'm sorry that it's been a week since my last post!  I've had a few things going on that unfortunately prevented me being able to post the last few days, so, I am sorry for that!  But I'm back and continuing my posts about our WEDDING!!!

Today I wanted to share some of my favorite Getting Ready photos of me and my girls! (I'll feature the guys later) All photos are by my good friend Brandy Bacon of Darmon's Photography!
*photos are not to be reused to reproduced in any way without consent from the owner of the photos, Cassandra (Alwin) Altizer of Texas Sass.

I've linked the details at the bottom!  Hope you enjoy!  Let me know you what you think in the comments!!
It was a nice change having someone do my makeup... I'm usually on the other end!
Red roses are my favorite flowers.  I always wanted red for myself and white for my bridesmaids


I was shocked that I picked a dress without any sparkle on it!!! But I did add in the bling with my accessories.  I really love the button detail on this dress.  And originally I didn't think I liked this type of lace either.  It goes to show that you really should just try things on, even when you have a really good vision in your head of what you want.  Sometimes your vision is too narrow-minded and it turns out you don't really know what you want!  I didn't think I would end up with a dress like this or a sash but I fell in love with it on!
I love the contrast of the shoes.  I didn't want to do a bright color, but I also didn't want them to be ivory like the dress.
Well, I think it's obvious I love black and white.  Not only do I wear crazy amounts of it in my everyday wardrobe, but I picked it for my wedding too.  I put a lot of thought into a color scheme/ or lack of color scheme... I LOVE bright colors... and I really considered doing a bright color bridesmaids' dress like hot pink or fuchsia or something, but ultimately I kept coming back to black.  I will always love the simplicity and the contrast.  And truthfully, I wanted the girls to have something that would be an asset to their closet.  This dress is easily worn again to a cocktail party, or another wedding, or it could make a great New Year's Eve dress with blingy jewelry!  This exact dress is no longer available but it was from the Vera Wang collection at David's Bridal.  I really love Vera Wang ahhh!
This is sort of a weird creepy grin LOL but I love that my girls are all pitching in!  I guess I was hot too!  Wow, being fanned... you really are queen for a day when you get married!  Thanks ladies!!
This sash was handmade and the perfect addition to this dress!  {details below} Actually, when trying on dresses it was seriously making every single dress look that much more beautiful!  I would love a dress and think it was gorgeous, and then we'd add the sash and all let out an even bigger gasp at the gorgeousness!  It's hard to see the intricate detail in this picture but it was an absolutely stunning piece with lace, fabric, ribbon and rhinestones.
...walk through it...
story behind the perfume below
So this Ritz perfume is no longer in production... SHAME! because it should be... Actually sometimes you can find it on Ebay and it isn't cheap!  Because that's how awesome it is!  But anyway... When I was a little girl growing up, I used to go into my mom's bathroom a lot and look at her stuff and play dress up, etc.  Well I also liked to sniff her perfumes and this was always my favorite!  I love the way it smells.  I have always been a fan of the more muskier scents and this one just does it for me.  I remember my mom putting it on before she and my dad would go out, which didn't happen often, but when it did, I just remember how they looked and smelled.  So this perfume brings so many good memories for me.  When I got engaged, my mom actually surprised me with saying that she had saved some so she and I could wear it on my wedding day.  It really meant a lot to me.
All dressed up and ready to go ;-)

Sash: Custom: contact Bridal Boutique Lewisville


No comments:

Post a Comment