Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Enjoying my city

Ok, sorry I've been MIA for a few days!! How was everyone's weekend? I've been working a lot in the last couple of days, and when I haven't been working, I've been trying to hardest to enjoy my city and the outdoors before it gets to be TOO HOT. For anyone not from Texas, perhaps the lower 90s is already too hot for you... well, for us, that's like normal "spring" weather, sadly. And since it's sure to be balls hot outside in a few weeks (yeah I said balls hot, you read that right lol), now is the time to enjoy my outside workouts while they last! Soon I'll be trading in my scenic walks for the boring ol' treadmill inside the air conditioned gym.

Yeah maybe I don't burn as many calories on my walks outside, but it sure is nice to forget that you're working out! I love having friendly people to say HI to as I pass, and dogs to pet as I walk by restaurant patios, and historic architecture to gaze upon. Sometimes getting healthy isn't all about the calories you burn or how much you sweat... it's simply about feeling better than you did before you started! And I can't help but feel great after walking around my beloved city of Fort Worth :-) So here's a small selection of photos from some recent walks






















No comments:

Post a Comment